About Me

My photo
Age - 42; Married to Mark for 15 years; Mother to Jacob (13 yrs) and Sadie (10 yrs); Teacher of 18-21 first graders; My goal is to use this blog as a diary to help me stay focused and motiviated to lose 40 pounds! My starting weight is 172 - I am going to watch my calorie intake and increase my physical activity! Feel Free to Cheer Me On! Dates and Weights: 7-18-11 = 167.9, 7-26-11 = 168.6

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Two Pigs Fighting Under a Blanket

"Looks like two pigs fighting under a blanket."  Quote from Steel Magnolia's best movie for quotes ever.  Dolly's character said this about a fat woman dancing!  I worry that is what I look like when I try and move or wiggle into clothes!  My clothes are loose!  (Have not weighted yet) - but I can't zip the next size down.  I was just going to buy the size 14 and keep trying it on...but who the hell needs that abuse.  So I bought a belt!  It has holes and I can see myself shrinking.  At some point I will try smaller sizes again.  No time soon because it was just ugly seeing that gapping zipper with fat spilling out!

Cool store in McKinney, Tx...Resale shop with great prices called Clothes Mentor in Highland Village (1st time in today).  It is a solution to finding clothes as you are changing without paying new clothes price.  Anyway!!!

Here is what I know.  I feel good.  I am very VERY nervous about when school starts I am a teacher and school means 12 hour days, parent concerns, principal and AP concerns needs, teaching team obligations - and typically no time for exercise, eating right or basic self care!!!!  I have boundary issues with work and tend to let it define me.  If work thinks I am doing a good job then I am OK.  Forget that my house is a mess, I am eating crap, stressed out and exhausted!!!  Nervous...Any pointers or encouragement would be greatly appreciated!

Just for fun...Other Quotes from Steel Magnolia's
"Weeza, You know I love you more than my luggage!"
"I wear a 6, but and 8 feels so good I wear it!"
"I always say, if you don't have anything nice to say come sit by me!"
Have a day filled with blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Nobody knows better than me how your job can take over your life. Thing is....if you don't take care of you, you won't be around to enjoy the career you love. I find that I need to schedule exercise and time for healthy food just like I would an important meeting. It IS just as important that I get and stay healthy as anything else.

    I love that movie. It's a classic. So many good quotes. Good to see you at the gym today, BTW. :)

    ReplyDelete